Summer Makeup Tips – Traditional and Permanent
Summer is full of pleasures and we can’t wait to enjoy the sunshine and time outdoors! I’m sure it is only around the corner and very soon you can enjoy the warmth against your face – but be prepared for melting makeup, smudged brows for those that draw them on, sliding eyeliner and sticky lipstick. Sorry I hope I haven’t spoilt your dream of a great looking good summer? You can though do something about it. Read on…….
……..in hot weather, applying your makeup should be as simple and comfy as putting on your favourite pair of jeans and flip-flops, But the heat and humidity are a challenge, so you have to make a few little changes to your routine. The changes are very simple and here are a few but if you really want to have a smudge free none smeared look for Summer then permanent makeup is for you.
- Primer. Yes the days have gone with caked matted primers. The beauty market has a great selection of incredibly light primers to help your foundation stay on all day, even in high humidity. My favourites are Clarins and Smashbox. Apply under foundations for a smooth beautiful finish that provides good coverage all day.
- Lighten up your foundation texture there is no need for a heavy one in this heat. Better still choose a tinted moisturiser Apply a light dusting of power to ensure it lasts the day. I love the new mineral foundations that are around. Jane Iredale and Fresh Minerals have a fabulous selection of colours and offer a summer natural look.
- Bronzer apply over the forehead, cheek bones, chin and nose. Bronzers help make your eyes look brighter and teeth whiter. Choose one that matches your colouring that gives an authentic healthy glow to your skin. Clarins duo, Gosh and Clinique have perfect choices for all.
- For eyeliner that stays put is a difficult one. There are many that promise but in reality they still slide down your face or disappear into a smudged pander look. The ideal solution is to have permanent eyeliner applied. You can choose from a subtle liner placed through the lashes to enhance your eyes. And will not run or disappear by lunch time! Alternatively choose a thicker eyeliner to accentuate and create that favourite almond eye look.
- Eyebrows frame your face and give definition to all your features but if the eyebrow pencil or powder have disappeared with the humidity or occasional summer shower (hopefully not) or by wiping your forehead (as we do without knowing) then permanent eyebrows will offer a permanent solution staying put 24/7 for up to two years. Fantastic news for those with sparse or no brows.
- Lips need to look good in summer. A heavy lipstick will disappear as soon as you put it on. There are lip stains on the market but personally I do not like them. Permanent lip blush will provide you with naturalness to your existing lip shape or add a very delicate lip line to create volume and a sexy pout. Wake up looking fantastic in the morning ready for the day ahead of summer socialising.
So there you have it traditional makeup and permanent makeup creating a beautiful face!
Call Tracy for further tips on 07980578252 or visit www.tracyfensome.co.ukRead more
Permanent Makeup Testimonial from Glamour Model Aimee Luis
My work as a permanent makeup technician is so satisfying. Aside from the satisfaction of giving clients great permanent makeup results, I always look forward to the variety of interesting people I meet daily. They come from all walks of life and I love to hear about their lives, careers, children and more ……!
One of my recent clients is Aimee Luis, a young beautiful lady with a great bubbly personality. Aimee works in the glamour modelling industry and maintaining her appearance is paramount to her continued success. With such a busy work schedule it was important for her to be able to have permanent makeup done in between photos and TV work. Aimee came to me at Bodilight clinic based in Milton Keynes. Her brows were quite sparse and drawing them in daily was too time consuming, not to mention them smudging under the hot lights on photos shoots. I lengthen and arched the permanent brows to enhance her stunning eyes and cheek bones. That’s the beauty with permanent makeup – it enhances and gives a great lift to the eye area. Something most ladies want irrespective of age!
Well Aimee has just sent me a wonderful note saying how much she loves her new brows and how she loved the permanent makeup clinic. I’ll let you read the rest …….
Good luck Aimee with your new TV appearance on E4
‘Hi I’m Aimee Luis, 23 years old glamour model from Hertfordshire. I started modelling at the age of 18 and have appeared in various magazines and newspapers worldwide. I also work on the babe channels on sky TV which I have been doing now for 2 years. I recently participated in a new reality TV show called Tool Academy which will be aired in January on E4. This show is due to be the next big reality TV show which everyone will be talking about.
Doing the job I do my appearance is my main priority, without my looks I wouldn’t be in the industry I’m in. When I found Tracy I jumped at the opportunity to have my permanent make up done on my eyebrows. I was looking to have it done for ages but never found anyone I was confident in using until I come across Tracy. During a consultation Tracy took me through everything I needed to know and her portfolio of work blew me away. I knew that the brows she was going to give me would further enhance my features and ultimately take me forward in my career.
Since having my eyebrows done I save so much time when doing my make up as I don’t have to draw them in and my eyebrows always look perfect with or without make up on! I would definitely recommend Tracy to anyone that thinking about having permanent make up done!’
Luv Aimee xxx
Aimee Luis, HertfordshireRead more
Beautiful Celebrities: Can Permanent Makeup Help?
We all have our favourite celebrities but which ones have the most beautiful endorsements?
Beauty companies and the constant stream of endorsements seem to believe that Cheryl Cole and David Beckham are the ideal examples of ‘beautiful’ man and woman. But would you agree? Well, the general public certainly seems to if an article in the Daily Mail is to be believed.
Using 100 volunteers to produce an image of an attractive male or female faces and the police e-fit techniques then combined them into one male and female face. These features were then compared too real celebrities and surprise, surprise, Miss Cheryl Cole’s facial proportions were found to be the best match for the perfect female face and David Beckham’s of the male face.
Cheryl Cole has so many of the classic features of beauty – the wide eyes, the narrower than average nose, the small mouth with full lips and the high slim eyebrows.
David Beckham was found to have the perfect nose, eyes and smile. The study, coincided with the release of beauty and the beast on blue-Ray, found a consensus on what constitutes ‘beauty’. Perfect women need a smooth complexion, large eyes, full lips and a narrow nose. Men need a lean face with visible but not protruding cheek bones, a narrow bottom of their nose, deep coloured eyes and a soft small jaw line.
However, the study also found many volunteers did not want any prospective partners to have a perfect face. Many men said that a technically perfect female face looked ‘cold’ and ‘lifeless’. This suggests that what we recognise to be “perfect” beauty is not necessarily the same as what we see as attainable or desirable in a partner.
Personally and professionally many of us strive for perfection in what we do and how we look. Realistically we know we cannot always achieve this, however, enhancing the features we were given with permanent makeup provides many benefits. Confidence building, raising self-esteem to name a few. High definition permanent eyebrows create that anti-ageing effect, permanent eyeliner creates the almond effect to widen the eyes and permanent lip colour adds the refreshed full lip look.
All these procedures can be carried out at my clinics in Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes, Hertfordshire, Middlesex and London. Call for a free consultation on 07980 578252.Read more
What makes people beautiful?
As the saying goes, “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”. But just what is it that makes a face look beautiful? What are the differences between very attractive and less appealing faces?
For every historical period and every human culture, people have always had their own ideal of beauty. But this ideal has never been constant and is still subject to changes.
In 2002 a research project on ‘facial attractiveness’ was carried out at the universities of Regensburg and Rostock in Germany. The research created prototypes for unattractive and attractive faces for each sex by using a morphing technique. For example, the prototype for an unattractive face (“unsexy face”) was created by blending together four faces that had previously been rated as very unattractive. The “sexy face” was created by blending together four of the most attractive faces, respectively.
In order to find out the characteristic differences between attractive and unattractive faces, the experiment presented pairs of one “sexy” and one “unsexy” image for both sexes to test subjects. The task was to report which facial features were perceived to be different between the two faces. The results are as follows:
Characteristic features of the female “sexy face” in comparison to the “unsexy face”:
- Suntanned skin
- Narrower facial shape
- Less fat
- Fuller lips
- Slightly bigger distance of eyes
- Darker, narrower eye brows
- More, longer and darker lashes
- Higher cheek bones
- Narrower nose
- No eye rings
- Thinner lids
Characteristics of the male “Sexy face” in the comparison to the “unsexy face”:
- Browner skin
- Narrower facial shape
- Less fat
- Fuller and more symmetrical lips
- Darker eye brows
- More and darker lashes
- Upper half of the face broader in relation to the lower
- Higher cheek bones
- Prominent lower jaw
- More prominent chin
- No receding brows
- Thinner lids
- No wrinkles between nose and corner of the mouth
Studies like this, in addition to being very interesting, are the very foundation of what keeps Tracy Fensome at the forefront of permanent cosmetics. By understanding the concept of beauty, Tracy can offer treatments that many other technicians often fail to visualise.
An even more beautiful you could be just one call away.Read more